Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Employer’s note: Local candidates only. Generally employees will WFH 2-3 days per week.
As a Data Scientist at Trilliant Health, you will build machine learning products to help hospitals and healthcare systems understand and act on healthcare data. You’ll have access to the right tools for the job and large amounts of data. You’ll build models and analytics using technologies such as Python, pandas, PyTorch and scikit-learn.
- First and foremost to your success, you will gain and maintain a deep understanding of healthcare datasets, market conditions and our customer.
- As a data scientist you are the expert on the types of models and analytics that are possible, and you will need to be good at collaboratively translating product strategy into prototypes and implementations.
- You document what you are doing and how it works. This helps your teammates and is not optional. We use Readme files, Confluence, and Jira.
- You stay current on relevant machine learning and data science practices and apply those to existing problem sets.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s in Math, Engineering, or Computer Science (or technical degree with commensurate industry experience).
- Proficiency with the following (or comparable technologies): Linux, Git, Python, pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, PyTorch
- Experience building machine learning models on large/sparse datasets using structured and unstructured approaches.
- Great communication skills and ability to explain your analytics to non-technical audiences
- You’re capable of building state-of-the-art deep learning models but happy to use a regex if that’s the right tool for the job.
Nice to Haves
We have a wide variety of problems and tasks that we solve. If you have experience in one or more of the following, we should talk:
- Experience building Natural Language Processing models
- Experience with Bayesian data analysis using MCMC or variational inference
- Experience with geospatial data analysis
- Expertise in software engineering
- Expertise around data science visualization and UX
- Familiarity with big data platforms like Spark
- Familiarity with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with deploying and productionizing machine learning models
About Trilliant Data Science
We are a group of data scientists, analysts and engineers on the cutting edge of healthcare data analysis. Our data, insights, visualizations, and applications are used by hospitals and healthcare systems to make better decisions, anticipate patient needs, and adjust to market conditions.
We are an agile team that emphasizes rapid and iterative development and deployment to support different customer needs. We prescribe to an ML Ops approach where we own and maintain our models and code throughout the ML lifecycle. We value things like data version control, automated model builds, and statistical monitoring of production models. We are not married to any one technology or stack, but value reproducible and robust solutions that can be maintained over their lifetime.
About Trilliant Health
Trilliant Health provides predictive analytics to the healthcare industry, creating unique evidence-based strategies for every customer. By synthesizing a variety of first-party and third-party data sets, Trilliant provides a comprehensive view into market dynamics, ensuring that healthcare decision makers find the most efficient and effective solutions to scale operations in current and future markets. We have rapidly expanded from 40 to 100+ employees in the last four years and looking to grow our team as we enter the next phase of the company.